My spouce and I didn’t get hitched in Morocco, we instead filed for the K1 visa and had been hitched in Morocco. We later sent applications for my residency as they are trying (still – long story) to register our wedding in Morocco. But great deal of men and women ask me personally how they may get hitched in Morocco – and I also had no concept. Therefore, I inquired a friend that is good of whom did get hitched in Morocco the way they made it happen. I’ve broken the story aside towards the detail by detail procedure and eliminated names. Note, this can be for the American girl marrying a man that is moroccan. The process may not be the same for other nationalities.
One Thirty Days Before Arrival in Morocco
A lot of people have actually a restricted time they could be in Morocco, in this instance it absolutely was 14 days. One before arrival the Moroccan partner began collecting the papers to expedite the process month. Initial point of contact had been a local imam whom assisted for a charge.
Documents Obtained by Moroccan Partner
- Finalized doctor’s statement of great wellness.
- Certification through the mukata partner that is certifying maybe perhaps not hitched, calls for signature of 2 witnesses. Must be signed and stamped.
- Stamped and certified content of Moroccan partners birth certification.
- Certified and stamped content of court/police record of Moroccan partner.
- Stamped and copy that is certified of carte sejour.
- Four (4) passport photos.
Three (3) copies of each paper would have to be made. Every one has to be stamped and signed because of the mukata and fond of the imam.
American Partner Papers to collect
- an FBI history check
- Certified content of breakup decree that reported the breakup had been last
- For those who have perhaps not been hitched then the certification saying you’ve got perhaps not been hitched will be relevant. (more…)